Thursday, November 18, 2010

When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead

When You Reach MeRebecca Stead's novel starts off pretty confusing with no build up to what is happening. After a few chapters you start to understand the main character, Miranda,  and everything that is going on. First off Miranda has been getting these weird notes telling her to write a letter of everything that has happened since the beginning. All through out the book she is trying to decide whether to write the note even though the whole book is like the note.  It really is interesting to see how everything works out in the weirdest ways. When you reflect on it you can really see how it all goes together. For instance, a persons interests in present day can be a big give away of their future role. I give this book a 4 out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. I just read this book and loved it. A Wrinkle in Time was my favorite book when I was in 5th grade, so the references to it were really neat for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved "A Wrinkle In Time" too. The time travel really interested me.

    ReplyDelete