Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

This book is the newest by Rick Riordan. It keeps you on your toes guessing what will happen next. It includes flying metal dragons, a kidnapped movie star, three friends, and a quest that could change the world. The plot begins quickly with a boy named Jason who doesn't know anything about himself, or why he is on a bus with a guy named Leo and some girl named Piper . They find themselves at the famous Camp Half-Blood (to those who read the Percy Jackson series). They find themselves to be demigods (no surprise there) , but Jason isn't your typical demigod. He doesn't speak Greek he speaks Latin, and he calls the gods by their Roman names, not Greek ones. On their quest to save Hera and Piper's dad, the famous Tristan McLean, they will encounter monsters, people that should be dead, and some just downright strange stuff. This book is busting my charts, normally a really good book would get a 4 but his book is so completly awesome that it deserves a 5!

8 comments:

  1. What a great review, MFM. Not only is your description of The Lost Hero very well written, but it also makes me want to run out and buy the book today. I am certain Rick Riordan would be most impressed with your blog. I am so proud of you, and I look forward to reading your next blog entry. Way to go! ..... Michel Stone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your off and running with your blog, right on. What a great way to share your passion with other readers.
    Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  3. MFM.... Your descriptions of how each of the main characters develop, makes me interested to see how this story continues. Fun topic! Thank you for making me aware of this very cool book. I look forward to your next entry. Kim in CT

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've sold me. I'll add this title to my next book order. My kids at school will love it. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. M, I'll have to make sure that they get RR's new one at the Bookshop for the holiday rush (and one for me too, of course). Fantastico!

    What's next ~ any hints?? Works in progress?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi MFM! Sophie is reading this book now and likes it a lot. I'll be reading it when she's finished. I'm bookmarking your blog and will be checking in to read your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Wow! I was wondering if it could possibly be as good as the first Percy Jackson books and now I know. Thanks! Any book suggestions for an 8 year old boy (3rd grade), that he could read himself? I've got a gift to get . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mrs.Miles, I haven't read "Diary of a Wimpy Kid", but my good friend says that it's a funny book. It's humorous and there are many pictures. The plot keeps you engaged, and you don't realize that you are reading so much. It is also a series. She said that you don't have to read them in order, but she recommends reading them in order.

    ReplyDelete