Friday, December 31, 2010

The Alchemyst( The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel) by Michael Scott


The Alchemyst: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas FlamelThe Alchemyst, the first book in the sereies "The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" was reccomended to me by a least three people before I actually read it. I should have taken the first persons advice. Michael Scott's novel is a New York Times bestseller, and has gotten much praise. The first chapter was an immediate takeoff into the magical and immortal world of the Elders and the dark Elders, who plan to destroy the world and take it back to how it was. Humans as slaves, food,or worse. I'm full of praise although one part confused me throughout the book. Without giving too much away ( minor spoiler) the twins ages feel like they should be reversed. Josh should be older and Sophie should be younger. Even if it is just by around 28 seconds. I give this book a 4 and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment