Friday, January 21, 2011

"Catching Fire" by Suzanne Collins

Catching Fire (The Second Book of the Hunger Games)Five words, could not put it down! The rebellion spark has started and the inferno can't be stopped. Ever since Katniss refused to follow the rules of the Capitol nothing has been the same. Now Katniss has gone back to the games in the Quarter Quell. She has to go up against former victors of the games and keep Peeta alive. She has found that a huge force field surrounds the arena thanks to the help of Beetee and Wiress, tributes from district 3. She has also found out the trick of surviving, but can she do it?
     The plot was unstoppable and I was in love with the book. There were tons of surprises, and even if I tried I couldn't improve it. It gave the next book a great start. It was even better than the first book. I give it a 5 out of 5.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds like I need to check this series out ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I have to read the first book to understand your comments about the second book -- which means it built beautifully from that first book. Your enthusiasm for some books reverberates off the page.

    ReplyDelete